Latest News

Our Daughter Addressed Him As “daddy”

Our daughter addressed him as “daddy”

The parents of a 5-year-old girl, Khadija Abdullahi, who was kidnapped and killed by a neighbour in Bauchi, said they had a close relationship with the suspect and that their daughter referred to him as “father.”

Remember that the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps arrested Kabiru Abdullahi, 52, and his accomplice, Alhaji Yawale, 45, for kidnapping and killing the minor in Narabi village, Toro Local Government Area, of the state.

The suspects kidnapped the child in front of her family’s home, took her to a bridge, strangled her, and placed her body in a sack.

They buried the body in Kabiru’s kitchen and then contacted her businessman father. The suspects demanded N1m in ransom and received N150,000 after bargaining.

The deceased’s father, Abdullahi Yusuf, told Daily Trust that he never imagined Kabiru Abdullahi would carry out this heinous act because of their relationship.

He recalled how the suspect assisted him in acquiring the plot of land on which he now lives.

He also stated that the suspect kept all of the building materials used in the construction of the house seven years ago.

Malam Yusuf claims that his daughter went missing on April 18. He was at the market shop when he was called and informed that she had not been seen.

“A day later, I reported the case to the police station, but seven days later, there was still no word on where she was, and on the eighth day, I received a letter that was left at the gate of my house.” “According to the letter, my daughter was being held and they were demanding N1 million in ransom,” he explained.

Abdullahi Yusuf stated that two weeks later, he received an SMS on his phone requesting that he make immediate efforts to pay the ransom. He claimed that the kidnappers also exposed his daughter to rain and other calamities. They told him he should blame himself if his daughter died as a result of this.

He stated that after receiving the message, he dialled the number and began negotiating with the kidnappers. He said he told them he couldn’t afford the N1 million they were demanding and they asked him to pay N300,000, which he said he didn’t have.

“They then asked how much I could afford, to which I replied N50,000, which they rejected and began abusing me. I offered N100,000, but they insisted on N200,000. We eventually settled on N150, 000. They asked me to take the money to a location near a tree in our village, which I did.”

He claimed that they later picked up the money and promised to release his daughter at 2 p.m. that day, but that they did not do so until the next morning.

“I sent them a text message asking why they hadn’t released my daughter as promised. They replied that I should not bother them and that they would no longer communicate with me,” he said.

“On May 5, they sent another text message demanding N150, 000 or I would never see my daughter again.” The message irritated me greatly. They asked me to call them the next day, and when I did, they began abusing me again, but I became enraged and abused them back.”

People in the neighbourhood began to suspect Abdullahi’s neighbour after they noticed that he had relocated to a new house in another part of the village soon after the incident.

He stated that as a result, a report was filed with the Civil Defence Corps, whose officers arrested the suspect. He claimed that when Kabiru was interrogated, he confessed to the crime.

“After that, Civil Defence officials took him to their office and asked him about my daughter, and he told them that they had killed her, and when they asked about the corpse, he said he had dropped it in a pond.” He was later taken to Bauchi, and when questioned again, he claimed that the body had been thrown into a pond.”

According to Abdullahi, when they returned to the village, they decided that the suspect should be questioned further about the whereabouts of the corpse because the body could not be found where he claimed they had thrown it.

“After further questioning by Civil Defence officials, he admitted to killing the girl and burying her body inside his house. We went to the house and searched until we found the body, which had been placed inside a sack before being buried. We had to cut it open with a knife. “We’ve since buried her.”

He stated that he was more devastated before discovering her remains.

“I couldn’t sleep for five days before her body was discovered, but once it was discovered, I relaxed and was able to eat.

“This man was particularly close to my children. I would occasionally see him playing with them in front of my house. The girl knew him well and had fun with him. His children slept in my house on the day he moved out of our neighbourhood,” Abdullahi explained.

According to Abdullahi Yusuf, the other suspect lives in a nearby village and was the one who called him.

He thanked NSCDC officials for their professionalism, which resulted in the arrest of the suspects. He urged the authorities to see that justice is served in the case.

Maimuna Abdullahi, the deceased’s mother, told Daily Trust that her daughter was kidnapped while playing with her siblings in front of their house.

“I never expected this man to betray us because of our close relationship with him and members of his family.” It’s unfortunate that he could do this to a girl who addressed him as “daddy,” she added.


0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x