Ogun government hijacked by three-man cabal – Gbenga Daniel

Former Governor of Ogun State and Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Gbenga Daniel, on Sunday accused the state government of running a three-man administration, where “no one outside the tiny cabal can offer counsel without being ostracised or victimised.”

Daniel also criticised the present administration for intolerance, shutting out independent voices and sabotaging federal projects intended for residents of Ijebu North.

He made the remarks during the Midterm Community Assessment and Review Tour of the BATOGD Movement in Ijebu North Local Government.

The former governor stated that, despite his allegiance to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress, he had been subjected to “political theatrics,” including a contentious suspension orchestrated by “two or three aides of the Governor.”

He insisted that accusations against him and the BATOGD Movement were part of a broader plan to stifle dissent, emphasising that neither he nor the movement had participated in anti-party actions.

Daniel said, “What we have in Ogun State is a three-man closed government. A system where no one outside a tiny cabal can offer counsel without being ostracised, victimised or marked for persecution.

“Governance is being administered strictly for a selected few.

“Our loyalty to the party and the President is unwavering. We will not be distracted by political witch-hunts. We will continue to work for our people.”

He further alleged that teachers, community leaders and traditional rulers were receiving threats of termination or demolition simply for supporting alternative voices or providing constructive criticism.

“This is not governance; it is a cult, run with dictatorial instincts, treating our commonwealth as a personal estate,” he stated.

Meanwhile, the senator warned that the state government’s “needless obstruction” could result in Ijebu North losing federal funding for two ongoing rehabilitation projects—Itanrin Road and the General Hospital Road.

“If by December 2025 this stop-work order is not revoked, the federal funding will be lost. The money will be returned to the treasury,” he said.