There are many writeups on the health benefits of eating garlic but very few people have actually researched or written extensively on the effects of eating garlic on the body in the positive and negative direction. If you are the type of person that often eats garlic in its raw state, and you have probably heard from various sources that it has loads of benefits. I am not going to dispute the benefits but also going to show us the side effects or negative effects of always eating garlic.
In this article in line with a publication on Healthline, we are going to have a look at some of the things eating garlic often can do to the body. If you are a fan of garlic, then the information contained in this piece would certainly interest and at the same time educate you.
What Does Eating Garlic Often Do to The Body?
1. Garlic can reduce high blood pressure in people suffering from hypertension. This is due to the presence of numerous antioxidants and nutrients in garlic, these nutrients has been proven to be good to the body in terms of reducing blood pressure and regulating the body’s blood pressure. So a person suffering from hypertension can eat or consume garlic often.
2. Garlic helps lower bad cholesterol and also raise good cholesterol which is good for the heart and the cardiovascular health. If you often eat garlic, then in the long run, it can help in flushing out bad cholesterol or LDL cholesterol which would go a long way in keeping you from some diseases that pertain the heart and cardiovascular system.
3. Garlic generally can make a person live longer. This is due to the fact that, it contains some vital antioxidants and nutrients that generally reduce risk of heart issues, lower blood cholesterol, so scientists generally believe that eating garlic often can make a person live longer than he or she would have lived in the absence of garlic. This is premised on the fact that, most older people die or develop potentially fatal complications due to poor cardiovascular health, heart issues, and abundance of bad cholesterol in the blood but garlic helps flush or reduce all these.
4. Garlic is not without some side effects or let’s say negative effects as a matter of fact, eating garlic can cause bad breath in people. So it is advisable for a person not to eat when he or she has an appointment. It can cause unpleasant odor from the body and even the mouth which may be mistaken as bad breath by people.
5. Garlic is not good for people who have blood disorders or people who are on a blood thinning medication because it can make a person bleed uncontrollably. Eat sparingly if you fall under this category.