Foods are our fuel and essential for our health, but we must be conscious of which components to eat and which to discard. When cooked, some foods are tasty, but when eaten raw, they are toxic.
In this post, we’ll look at some foods that, if consumed incorrectly, might be harmful to our health.
9 delectable meals that are potentially detrimental to your health
According to WebMD, the following foods might be harmful to your health if eaten incorrectly.
1. Apple Seeds
Let’s start with some delectable apples. Apples aren’t poisonous in and of themselves, but their seeds are. Apple seeds contain cyanide, which can induce fast breathing, seizures, and even death in small doses.
2. Cherry Pits
The toxic Prussia acid, also known as cyanide, is found in cherry pits or hard stones in the center of the fruit. If you swallow the stone by accident, it will remain intact and pass through your system; just make sure you don’t chew it.
Elderberries are fantastic for treating cold and flu symptoms, constipation, and immune system support. Elderberries’ unripe berries, bark, and leaves, on the other hand, can be poisonous since they contain lectin and cyanide.
These two chemicals can produce nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
Nutmegs are wonderful spices that offer a pleasant, nutty flavor when used sparingly. However, because to the presence of hazardous oil, even two little spoonfuls might produce hallucinations, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, and seizures when consumed by spoonful. myristicin
5. Raw Cashew
Because raw cashew seeds contain urushiol, the same toxicity found in poison ivy, they must be cooked well before eating.
Mango skin, bark, and leaves contain urushiol, the toxin found in poison ivy, just like raw cashews. Mangoes should be avoided by anyone with a poison ivy allergy, especially if it’s a severe one, as they can produce serious reactions such as redness, swelling, and even breathing problems.
7. Raw Kidney Beans
Out of all the bean kinds, raw red kidney beans have the highest concentration of lectins. Lectins can cause stomach pains, make you vomit, or cause diarrhoea.
8. Fruit of the Stars
It’s better to avoid star fruits if you have kidney illness. Toxins in star fruits can be filtered out by the kidney, but if your system can’t, the toxins will stay in your system for a day, causing mental confusion, convulsions, and death.
Mushrooms are a nutritious and delicious dish that many people enjoy. The death cap (Amanita phalloides) and the destroying angel, on the other hand, are particularly dangerous (Amanita virosa).
Abdominal pain, diarrhoea, and vomiting, as well as dehydration, severe thirst, liver failure, coma, and death, can all result from eating these wild mushrooms.