Most women face uncomfortable symptoms during their menstruation, and according to Healthline, the consumption of certain foods can help lessen those painful symptoms like, headache, abdominal cramps, nausea, fatigue (regular tiredness), diarrhea, mood swing and others, while other foods can worsen those symptoms of menstruation.
However, this article has complied a list of healthy foods that can lessen the symptoms of menstruation in women, if regularly eaten.
1. One of the essential food to frequently take during your menstrual period is water because drinking enough quantity of water will keep you hydrated and when you are hydrated, your system function more properly and this might also help reduce symptom like headaches.
2. Eating of water-rich fruits like watermelon, cucumber and others, during your period of menstruation, will also help keep your body hydrated and will play a vital role in your body during your menstruation.
3. Consume more of leafy green vegetables like the spinach, kale to help boost your iron level.
4. Ginger consumption during your period, will help promote your health and improve your symptoms of menstruation, and ginger has some anti-inflammatory effects, which can also help reduce some symptoms of menstruation, which can be linked to reducing nausea, but don’t take too much ginger.
5. The consumption of chicken and fish, which are rich in iron and protein, can help your overall health, and can as well reduce some symptoms of menstruation.
6. The consumption of turmeric, dark chocolate, and nuts are also beneficial in reducing some menstruation symptoms.
7. Lastly, yogurt is another healthy diet that can help relieve you of some symptoms of menstruation when regularly consumed during your menstrual cycle.
Conclusion: The above listed are few popular foods that are healthy and beneficial to the overall health, and when often consumed during menstruation, it can help relieve the woman from some menstrual symptoms.