Some of us enjoy eating carrots because of their delicious crunchy taste, not because we know their health benefits. According to WebMD, carrots come with many health benefits.
They are also sweet and come in different colors and sizes. The most common color we have is orange. Carrots can be a good choice of snacks whenever you need fast food.
Sadly, carrots are a seasonal fruit, so they’re not always available in some of our local markets. However, the following are the things carrots can do for your body:
1. Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which is from a vitamin precursor called carotenoid. It’s an antioxidant that will help in preventing infections in your body.
You can eat about 4 or 5 sticks of mature carrots as often as possible. This will supply your body with some carotenoids.
View pictures in App save up to 80% data. 2. Carrots are very rich in sodium and potassium. It also has a level of fiber that can help promote bowel movements.
3. Carrots can help regulate blood cholesterol, which will invariably improve the health of your heart. The chances of having heart disease might be reduced.
4. The yellow pigments of carrots are loaded with beta-carotene. This can help prevent eye disease that happens when the cells in the yellow spot of the eye degenerate.
This usually causes blurred vision or partial blindness in older people. Eating a lot of carrots can help prevent this eye disease.
5. Men, in particular, should eat carrots because it might help them fight prostate cancer.
The carotenoid in carrots can help them fight inflammation in the prostate and colon. Women can also eat them to reduce their chances of having breast cancer.
6. People who want to lose weight can feed on carrots because when you eat them, you might not feel hungry for some time. This won’t make you eat a lot of food and might help you lose some weight in the long run.