There are certain things about your marriage or your partner that you need to keep between you and your partner. Discussing your relationship’s secrets with other women apart from your wife can affect your relationship. Here are three things you shouldn’t do with women who aren’t your wife.
1. Don’t complain about your wife to another woman, or allow another woman to complain about her husband to you.
Why? Because you’re dishonoring your wife by complaining about her, and also because your wife didn’t permit you. You need to respect and protect your wife’s dignity if you want her to respect you. Avoid making a woman feel bad about your wife by speaking critically about her to another woman. Also, don’t allow another lady to disgrace her husband by complaining to you.
2. Avoid talking about intimacy, struggles, and secrets.
Why? Because it doesn’t concern her, and discussing these personal matters with another woman discredits your marriage. Avoid breaking your wife’s trust and the intimacy between the two of you.
3. Avoid meeting with women in private.
Keep it public so that others may see you. Temptation thrives in secret, so keep your meetings open to the public. Anything unexpected can occur between you and the woman.
Here are two things to remember:
1. Always compliment and talk positively about your wife. Doing this will make other people honor your wife and give her the respect she deserves. The way you talk about your wife is how other people will treat her.
2. Include your wife in the conversation if at all possible.
Especially if the lady you’re speaking with is in distress. Ask the woman if your wife can join the conversation, or if she’d rather talk with your partner instead of you. While this may not always be possible, always consider your wife as additional support.